Sunday, July 22, 2012

Catching up - First with the bottom

Layla's sanded bottom
We have had a lot going on these last couple of weeks and will now be catching up in a flurry of posts here. 

It was HOT, HOT, HOT. So let's do something that is really fun to do in the heat and humidity - let's sand the bottom in preparation for painting the bottom with "anti-fouling" paint.

Actually it was not that bad of a job. With an electric sander, I completed the job by myself in about 4 hours. The bottom was in pretty good shape. Of course I don't have any pictures of how I looked after all the work. And yes, I used the proper equipment including a vacuum attached to the sander to collect the dust and a nice warm mask on my face to collect more dust.  

But the boat is all ready for Tracy to arrive for her "holiday" to assist in the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. We would love to hear from you.