Sunday, November 4, 2012

Four days and counting.....

We have two purposes for this posting. I am testing our ability to post
to Layla's blog site via email. If we are successful, we are ready to
add entries to the blog via our single side band radio. We will be
thrilled to be able to stay in touch using this approach.

Secondly, we are working to become homeless and jobless in Atlanta
within the next four days. Remarkably, everything seems to be falling
into place. We just sold my car yesterday which has served me very well
over the past thirteen and a half years. I had mixed emotions about
letting her go, but was surprised that I was more happy than sad. I was
relieved that I sold the car and excited about all that it represented
for the new chapter in our lives. I think there will be a lot of these
mixed emotions over the coming weeks, as we move and adjust to the next
phase of our lives.

The 1 bedroom apartment in which we have been living over the past two
years is quickly filling up with packed boxes. There are still many
more boxes to fill, but we are making progress. Various tasks at my job
at the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) are being
completed. I am sad to leave laboratory science, but excited to switch
gears to be immersed in the sea and nature in ways I could only imagine.

We still have a bit of work to do, but as it comes to a close, it is no
longer overwhelming or distant. It is happening now. We are living the
plan.

We will post again and more frequently once we have fully made the plunge.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Richard and Tracy. I'm thrilled to hear that everything finally fell into place for you two. Bon voyage, happy holidays, and congratulations.

    Best wishes,

    Cathy and Greg Albertini

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. We would love to hear from you.